The Professional Development Committee of the State University of New York Librarian’s Association seeks nominations for the 2010 Friend of SUNYLA award. The award is given to individuals or organizations that actively contribute to furthering the goals of SUNYLA and of SUNY libraries.
The criteria for the award are as follows:
1. Exceptional leadership in projects and initiatives that further the goals of SUNYLA and of SUNY libraries.
2. Members of SUNYLA will be considered based on their involvement in the organization in areas such as holding an office or providing exceptional leadership as committee chairs.
3. Library administrators will be considered based on their collaboration with librarians, their creativity, and their openness to new initiatives that further the goals of SUNYLA and of SUNY libraries.
4. Candidates from the public-at-large will be considered based on their collaboration with SUNYLA, their understanding of the mission of SUNY libraries, and their efforts to improve the quality of library services across SUNY.
5. Professional organizations as well as publishers, vendors, and other library-related commercial organizations will be considered given their active support of and collaboration with SUNYLA and SUNY libraries.
The SUNYLA Executive Board will review nominations and will select the recipient at their annual spring meeting. The award will be given at the 42st Annual Conference at Brockport.
Past recipients include: Faculty Access to Computing Technology (FACT), Mary Beilby, Eleanor Carter, Ginette Chambers, Anne Commerton, Raney Ellis, Christine Haile, David Kreh, the New York State Library Assistants Association (NYSLAA), John Philippo, Janet Potter, Natalie Sturr, Ed Sullivan, and Maureen Zajkowski, Judith Adams-Volpe, Sandy Card, Andrew Perry, Bill Drew, the Office of Library and Information Services (OLIS), Carol Anne Germain, the SUNYConnect Advisory Council, Ed Rivenburgh, Gerald Leibowitz, and Kim Davies Hoffman.
Please send a statement of your nominee’s achievements, as they specifically address the above criteria, no later than March 5, 2010 to:
University at Albany
Albany, NY 12222